Back to Member Index |
Back to Robot Index
Web Site: DarkWolf's Domain
- Type: Platform
- Purpose: 1) To get a platform robot to use in future projects. 2) To get
rid/make use of an old Apple ][+ computer
- Controller: Apple ][+ hardware (interface controller)
- Software Development Environment/Methods: program written in Applesoft
- Actuators: 2 motor driven wheels
- Dimensions: Still in planning...
- Weight: Still in planning...
- Power Source: looking for rechargeable batteries that can meet the power needs.
- Speed: Horizontal: never measured. Vertical: well, I haven't dropped it yet...
- Construction History: After seeing a couple platform bots at the Feb
meeting, I decided to build my own.
- Operational Description: When it's turned on (this is how I plan to do it),
it does a I/O check, and then loads an operational program. For the early
purposes, it'll be obstacle avoidance by means of collision sensory (a switch
in other words).
- Future Enhancements: Wireless control station, wireless camera interface,
wireless monitor interface (possibly head mounted).
- Status: Abandoned. Planning new project.
- More Info: I'm looking for that myself...